Aviation Search Group’s Jay Gallagher on Aviation Growth Podcast
Aviation Growth Podcast recently invited our Managing Director, Jay Gallagher, onto their podcast. Jay started his career in aviation in the United States Airforce, as a Crew Chief / Staff Sergeant on the B-1 bomber. He has an A&P, IA, and Private Pilot’s license, and has over 11+ years of experience in management, aircraft management/maintenance, and flight ops in various sectors to include defense, air ambulance, corporate Part 91 &135, 145 repair stations, and 141 flight schools. He recently joined the Aviation Search Group team in 2021.
Aviation Search Group is a search firm that specializes in executive and technical search programs for the aviation industry. They create a strategic partnership by creating a customized search program that focuses on partners’ requirements while utilizing their internal recruiting resources.
In this episode, Greg and Jay discuss:
- Jay’s career progression into aviation recruiting
- The benefits of working with a search firm to fill new positions
- Today’s obstacles for employers looking to hire new talent
- Industry changes to salaries and compensation packages
- Geographic hotspots for Aviation opportunities
- Estimated “costs” of bad hires
- Recommendations for candidates ready to explore new opportunities
- Working with veterans to find a career in Aviation
- The power of LinkedIn for career progression
To connect with Jay on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jay-gallagher-1987glhs/
You can check out the episode on the GHC blog: https://www.ghcinteractive.
Aviation Growth Podcast on Apple: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/
Aviation Growth Podcast on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/