AVIATION JOB DESCRIPTION TEMPLATES
Director of Maintenance
The Director of Maintenance (DOM) has overall authority and responsibility for maintenance, including developing department policies and procedures, preparing annual operating budgets for expenses, facilities, supplies, personnel, training, and capital expenses, and advising the executive team on the status and requirements for aircraft and other equipment consistent with the company needs. The DOM maintains the highest level of safety, service, and standards for the aircraft division.
- Provides managerial authority and is the accountable manager for all processes of the Maintenance Departments, including Maintenance Control, Parts Department, Line Station Maintenance, Technical Support, Technical Publications, Maintenance Training and Maintenance Records
- Promotes safety throughout the organization as mandated through Company policies identified by executive management
- Provides overall authority for all aircraft technical standards and acceptable deviations from Company maintenance policies and procedures that are not detrimental to airworthiness
- Monitors maintenance performance against Company policies, procedures, and standards; provides recommendations to improve safety of operations and productivity of the entire operation
- Prepares the annual budgetary requirements for all maintenance departments
- Provides overall authority and oversight of the CASS program in the implementation of appropriate corrective actions agreed upon by the CRB
- Works in direct liaison with the DO in scheduling maintenance of Company’s aircraft, coordinating changes of maintenance schedules with all concerned, and all modifications changes required by flight operations
- Acts as the primary FAA contact for matters regarding the Maintenance Department as described in this position description
- Responsible for the maintenance of aircraft, engines, and components in the manner prescribed by the AAIP, manufacturers’ maintenance and overhaul manuals, service bulletins, ADs, Engineering Orders, and applicable CFRs
- Provides written requests to the FAA for addition or deletion of aircraft to the Ops Specs and SAS
- Responsible to review and approve contracts related to maintenance assets and outsourced vendors
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Working knowledge and ability to confirm proper compliance of all internal company forms, logbook entry procedure, maintenance response forms, and FAA Forms as required
- Full understanding of aviation safety standards and safe operating practices
- Takes responsibility for individual and team actions, decisions, and results
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and to exercise independent judgment, discretions, and initiative
- Proven ability to set priorities, communicate objectives and meet deadlines
- Strong verbal written and presentation skills
- Ability to motivate others around safety initiatives
- Must hold a current A&P license
- Have at least 10 years of maintenance experience
- Have at least 5 years of experience in a supervisory capacity maintaining the same category and class of aircraft as the certificate holder uses
The Chief Pilot divides their focus between external and internal aviation activities. The position has both tactical and strategic elements; seeking solutions to short-term operational issues and planning long-term solutions to encompass the corporate strategic vision.
- Ensure the execution of plans and policies for company-related compliance issues
- Act as a direct liaison to the FAA for matters pertaining to the operating certificate with respect to pilot training or as designated by the Director of Operations
- Communicates effectively with the Director of Operations, COO, and President as appropriate regarding relevant flight operational and pilot training activities
- Maintains flight manuals, checklists, and crew equipment required for the aircraft
- Ensures adequate flight crew training, testing, recording, and archiving of training records
- Responsible for operational control to initiate, terminate, or divert all company flight operations
- Responsible for cancelling or suspending any flight operation in the interest of safety until it can be confirmed that the safety hazard has been removed or is no longer a threat to safe operations
- Maintains a proactive focus on pilot staffing needs and recommends staffing level adjustments to maintain optimal operational efficiency and regulatory compliance
- Fulfills line pilot scheduling vacancies as directed by the Director of Operations or his designee as the need arises
- Satisfies the Management Personnel requirements of 14 CFR 119.7 for Chief Pilot
- Must hold a valid Airline Transport Pilot Certificate with a type rating in at least one of the aircraft operated; Minimum 3,000 hours Total Time
- Must have previous leadership experience from a Part 135 environment
- Must be thoroughly familiar with the Company Manuals, Operations Specifications and FAA Regulations
- Experience with FAA related Data Collection Tools (DCTs)
- Experience with ARGUS and audit compliance
- Understand and be able to implement safety management
- Displays strong team building skills in planning, organizing, staffing, and controlling members of the flight operations team
- Excellent communication skills with quick and accurate decision making
- Close attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to work effectively with other managers
- Craft, cultivate, and implement gaps in processes and procedures
- Ability to work varying hours of the day or night, on weekends and holidays
Director of Safety
The Director of Safety manages the Company’s Safety Management System, including the identification of trends, hazard mitigation procedures, and oversight of safety programs. Provide Accountable Executive with initiatives to minimize the risks within the Company for all aspects of flight safety.
- Serve as the leader and motivating voice for spreading the Company’s safety culture, programs and protocols on a regular basis to all team members via regular emails, calls, meetings, webinars, Safety Summit, etc.
- Management and oversight of the Safety Management System
- Management and oversight of aviation safety programs
- Perform data analysis and trending of flight hazards
- Work with Flight, Maintenance and Flight Coordination staff to recommend safety improvements for all flight operations
- Manage and coordinate risk management and reduction strategies within the organization on a regular and ongoing basis
- Manage and coordinate the investigation of Company incident, accident and irregular operations
- Attend and represent the Company at industry and safety related functions
- Serve on the Company’s Safety Committee
- Provide consultation, guidance and technical assistance on matters related to workplace safety and security
- Develop, implement, and update all safety programs
- Assist each department in establishing standards and developing controls or work processes specific to departmental operations to minimize risks and eliminate hazards
- Maintain a company Risk Assessment matrix to establish safe levels of risk
- Ensure safety publications are consistent with governmental regulations and directives
- Develop and manage safety and risk related training
- Manage the Company’s Emergency Response Program and training
- Manage hazardous material training and required reports
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Working knowledge and understanding of aviation safety programs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to handle and maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and to exercise independent judgment, discretions and initiative
- Strong verbal written communication skills
- Great public speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to motivate others around safety initiatives
- Five or more years of aviation safety management experience
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) or equivalent in Aviation Safety Management or similar program or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Training in the following areas: flight safety philosophy, human factors and the decision-making process, accident prevention, the role of the safety officer as advisor to senior management, risk management, accident/incident management, safety management systems, emergency response planning, and incident investigation
Aircraft Sales Director
The Sales Director (SD) will be responsible for prospecting and obtaining aircraft brokerage listings and acquisition agreements. Additionally, the SD will market and sell the aircraft inventory and current listings available and be supported by all available corporate resources. Management will outline and support the sales and marketing plan, however, the SD will ultimately be responsible for execution of the plan and successfully reaching the budgeted goals.
- Successfully secure brokerage and acquisition agreements
- Sell all available company-owned inventory and client listings
- Identify potential aircraft inventory opportunities
- Set personal goals and regularly review progress and have in place at all times a working sales plan for the department
- Travel as needed to network with customers, prospects, FBO’s, professional organizations, etc., and entertain customers with the goal of solidifying relationships
- Coordinate sales efforts with other departments
- Assist customers when necessary in solving service problems
- Communicate with the President regularly to approve aircraft pricing and deals
- Travel is required to meet the needs of our clients
- Four year college degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to generate reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers and the general public
- Ability to operate and consistently update the designated customer resource management (CRM) system
- A proven successful track record in aircraft sales
- Sales training experience, excellent organizational and verbal/written communication skills
The Avionics Manager will both manage and perform avionics line repair, upgrades, and installation to include RVSM, ADSB, Radio, and ELT installation and testing.
- Evaluate manpower, tooling, equipment and parts for an efficient workflow
- Work with the management team to set a schedule for all work coming into the shop
- Work with the Parts Supervisor to ensure the inventory is maintained at a level to ensure good workflow
- Review all work orders in process on a daily basis for any issues that may come up
- Review all work orders for billing after the Chief Inspector has completed final review
- Complete final work package and invoice for presenting to customer
- Work closely with the administrative team to ensure all billing is done in a timely manner
- Communicate with customers on a regular basis to keep them informed of the status of their aircraft
- Maintain a positive work culture with all employees; including subordinates, peers, and management
- Focus on customer service in all actions and be cognizant of the excellent established reputation the company has built
- Work closely with the Chief Inspector to maintain the highest level of quality and safety
- Demonstrated experience designing, implementing, integrating, and trouble-shooting avionics equipment from major manufacturers including Garmin, Bendix King, Avidyne, L3, and Aspen
- Auto-Pilot integration experience including Bendix King and Rockwell Collins
- Thorough understanding of software and data as it relates to avionics technologies
- Greater than 5 years of experience performing avionics installation and upgrades on small to medium size aircraft
- FAA A&P Mechanics license necessary; IA and/or FCC licenses desirable
- Must be able to pass a DOT-FAA pre-employment drug screening physical
- Hold and maintain a valid driver’s license
Director of Engineering
The director of engineering will be responsible for directing a team of engineers to engage in new projects and new technology development. This position reports to the Executive Vice-President.
- Provide technical leadership of the engineering, drafting and design function, including CAD via SolidWorks
- Provide technical instruction, assign work and review work of direct reports for new product development programs, sustaining programs, and technology development programs
- Responsible for overseeing the creation of engineering designs for certification
- Spearhead FAA certification efforts for both new and legacy products
- Produce conceptual models and technical illustrations for proposals
- Implement design changes to existing product lines to optimize performance, manufacturability, and cost
- Coordinate with the Purchasing team to insure long-term bill of material and LRU component availability and price stability
- Work with Air Comm leadership to identify opportunities to expand product applications, as well as recommend and implement new technology
- Responsible for hiring and growing the engineering team
- Responsible for setting conditions for programs to execute efficiently
- This position requires the ability to easily adapt to changing and evolving priorities
- Strong background in FAA certification processes at the Type Certificate and Supplemental Type Certificate level
- At least 15 years engineering experience; aviation related products preferred
- At least 10 years experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably aviation related
- At least 5 years management experience, including budget management, business case development, and management of cross-functional teams.
- Experience with general, commercial, and military aviation.
- Engineering Degree (Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace preferred)
Chief Aircraft Inspector
The Chief Inspector will be responsible for supervising inspectors, generating and updating RS manuals, QC manuals, forms manual and training manuals.
- Perform inspection functions of the repair station as outlined, in accordance with the Repair Station
- Ensure familiarity of all applicable Federal Aviation Regulations, manufacturer’s procedures/recommendations, and other pertinent data as it relates to the item of work being performed
- Accepting incoming products procured for use by the Repair Station and will ensure that those products are approved or acceptable
- Perform preliminary inspections on all aircraft and/or components that undergo maintenance to determine the state of preservation, necessity for functional test or non-destructive testing, and to document any obvious defects
- Assure that all inspections are properly performed on all completed work
- Inspectors are responsible for the inspection entries on forms and in work orders used in the respective Departments
- Make progressive and on-going inspections at various stages of Teardown, Overhaul, and Repair of all Units or Components received by the Repair Station for service
- Responsible for checking completed Work Orders / Workbooks for work performed
- Perform scheduled and systematic evaluation audits for the Repair Station to ascertain its own abilities and procedural compliance to establish policy and guidance
- Provide training and technical assistance to others
- Helicopter experience
- Minimum of 10 years in commercial aviation
- Minimum of 5 years inspection experience
- A&P License
- IA preferred
- Experience in an FAA Part 145 and/or 21 environment
Director of Flight Operations
The principal role of the Director of Flight Operation is to ensure the overall safety and efficiency of the flight department. The Director of Flight Operations is responsible for the performance and supervision of personnel in flight operations and dispatch.
- Formulates and implements departmental plans and policies
- Ensures and verifies that Company flight operations are conducted in accordance with applicable FARs and Company regulations and policies
- Maintains close liaison with the Director of Maintenance to ascertain current status of aircraft and forecasts down-time
- Conducts interviews of Operations personnel, hiring and discharging as required and establishes personnel duty hours
- Maintains and distributes the Company Operations Manual and appropriate revisions to required personnel, as applicable
- Ensures prompt reporting, filing and follow-up action on required reports to appropriate governmental agencies
- Ensures that the proper entry, over-flight, and/or landing authorizations, when required, are obtained on flights scheduled to depart the United States
- Signs for the Company for the issuance and receipt of Operations Specifications
- Through the Schedules and Flight Following Supervisor and designated personnel, the Director of Operations is responsible for the coordination, scheduling, flight planning, dispatch/flight release, monitoring, and cancellation of all flights and exercises operational control over flight release
- Responsible for contract oversight
- Support BD operations as required
- College Degree and minimum of 5 years aviation management experience
- Hold an FAA Airline Transport Pilot Certificate
- Meet FAA Director of Operations FAR 119 requirements
- Ability to effectively communicate and deal with high-level corporate executives
- In depth knowledge of Corporate Flight operations
- In depth knowledge of applicable FAA regulations, International Civil Aviation Organization regulations and the Airman’s Information manual
- History of successful and profitable aircraft operations
- Thorough knowledge of operational and financial aspects of aircraft operations
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and communication skills; ability to get along with and work closely with customers and employees alike
The FBO Manager must be an experienced, customer service-oriented individual that will be directly responsible for the overall operation of the FBO and associated departments. Excellent communication and team-building skills are necessary as well as the ability to remain calm under pressure and have a high attention to detail.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Director of Operations in aircraft sales, charter operation, and other pertinent duties
- Oversee and manage direct reports including all line service, CSR, aircraft sales, fuel sales, and HR operations
- Responsible for maintaining and growing fuel, hangar, and aircraft rental and management
- Contract review and negotiation, including but not limited to hangar leases, city leases, fuel supply, equipment and vendor contracts
- Implement and oversee human resources department and staff training
- Ensures that the FBO meets all appropriate laws and regulations
- 5 years or greater in a managerial role with an FBO or similar operation
- Demonstrated experience in communication with federal and local entities including Airport Advisory Boards, FAA, city officials and contractors
- Leadership experience in growth or change opportunities is desirable
- Must have a high sensitivity to providing world-class customer service
- Strong leadership, communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Strong consideration would be given to FAA licensed pilots or A&P mechanics
Director of Quality
The Director of Quality is responsible for ensuring that all products maintained are in accordance with the Company’s quality and reliability standards and programs. They will also be responsible for satisfying customer expectations and meeting regulatory requirements.
- Direct, plan and lay out details of inspection standards, methods and procedures used by the Repair Station in complying with all applicable Federal Aviation Regulations and manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Assist, supervise and direct all inspection personnel assigned to the Quality Department.
- Ascertain that all inspections are properly performed on all completed work before it is released to the public and that the proper inspection records, reports and forms used by the Repair Station are correctly executed.
- Delegate the inspection of forms and records, safety inspections and inspections of supply and storage facilities to appropriate levels of supervision.
- Ensure compliance with applicable technical publications and provide technical guidance in the performance of maintenance on all aircraft equipment.
- Maintain close liaison with the VP/COO, department heads and factory technical representatives on matters pertaining to quality of maintenance.
- Collect and maintain on file, repair orders and inspection forms pertaining to components and/or aircraft processed at the Repair Station. (These files will be available for review or inspection at any time by properly authorized individuals).
- Ensure that no defective or un-airworthy parts are installed in any component and/or aircraft released by the Repair Station.
- Maintain continuing observation to ascertain that shop and inspection personnel are using in date equipment.
- Be responsible for the inspection and return to service of all certified aircraft undergoing periodic inspection, major repair and/or alteration.
- Be responsible for the quality of work performed and ensure it is in accordance with current Federal Aviation Regulations and Bulletins.
- Supervise certified inspection personnel in all phases of activity relative to commercial products and be responsible for the assignment and placement of all inspection personnel concerned.
- Airframe and Powerplant License
- At least 1 year of experience as a Director of Quality
- 5 years of Aircraft Maintenance experience
- 3 years Quality Control experience
- Understands FAR`s under 121 and 145
- Specialized Training Requirements: SRM, FAR’s, JAR’s, Audit Procedures, RSM, OCPM, Basic Inspection Procedures
Aviation Production Manager
Direct and supervise production departments, Receiving/Warehouse/Shipping and provide backup for Quality Director. Must possess mechanical aptitude, demonstrated leadership, excellent interpersonal skills and adaptability to support company goals and provide superior customer service by performing the following duties.
- Confer with senior management personnel to establish production and performance standards, develop budget and cost controls, and obtain data regarding types, quantities, specifications and deliveries of supplied products and projects in order to plan and effectively manage department operations.
- Read and interpret work orders, blueprints, engineering standards, component maintenance manuals and specifications to determine assembly, testing, quality and documentation/certification requirements.
- Assist in development of new projects. Contribute to development of Repair Specifications, PMAs and new assembly/test/inspection processes and procedures while ensuring conformance to Regulatory and OEM requirements.
- Coordinate or arrange all facility repairs of both the buildings and manufacturing and shipping equipment.
- Assist manufacturing and sales personnel to understand technical information and requirements, testing procedures, and shop capabilities.
- Develop training materials and provide on-the-job training; maintain training logs for personnel.
- Work with the Quality Director to learn and implement Regulatory Compliance Requirements such as FAA, EASA, CASE and interfaces with FAA Manufacturing/Flight Safety/Aircraft Certification offices. Ensure compliance with customer requirements.
- Plan and direct department activities by establishing priorities and sequences of operations for effectiveness, costs and ensuring customer service.
- Ensure that all Customer Orders are on-time and all requirements are met.
- College degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Quality Engineering or related technical field.
- 5-10 years of experience in an industry working to strict compliance guidelines (aerospace, nuclear, medical, automotive, etc.).
- Proven leadership/supervisory experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and comprehend drawings and engineering specification and maintenance manuals.
- Effectively communicate information with courtesy and clarity to employees of the organization and occasionally, customers or clients.
- ISO 9001/AS9100.
Human Resources Manager
Develop, direct and administer Human Resources / Payroll policies and programs. The major areas covered are recruiting, EEO, salary administration, employee relations, benefits, record retention, training / development and drug testing. Originate Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide a balanced program throughout the company.
- Formulate and recommend Human Resources and employee relations policies and objectives to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale.
- Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting Human Resources function.
- Protect the interest of employees and the company in accordance with company Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations. Approve recommendations for terminations.
- Establish wage and salary structure, pay policies, performance evaluation programs, employee benefit programs and services. Monitor for effectiveness and cost containment.
- Establish standard recruiting and placement practices and procedures; interview candidates for full-time regular positions.
- Establish in-house management training programs; address employee development and company needs.
- Direct and/or prepare periodic reports to senior management.
- Conduct periodic performance evaluations, make recommendations for salary increases (promotion, merit, adjustment), transfers, hires, and disciplinary action (terminations).
- BS degree or equivalent in Human Resources.
- Specialized training in compensation, EEO, employee relations and benefits are desirable.
- 8 years experience gained through increasingly responsible management positions within Human Resources.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in written form.
- Must have patience, understanding of others needs, and maintain strict confidence.
- Requires thorough knowledge of state and federal employment and benefit laws.
The Chief Inspector will direct the Quality Assurance Inspectors to ensure that all maintenance processes and procedures are completed as described in Company and FAA approved Repair Station Manuals. Assures compliance through inspections, work in progress inspections and completed inspections.
- Reviews the General Maintenance Manual, Manufacturers’ Manuals, publications and specific (RII) items to maintain a high level of knowledge and proficiency to accomplish RII Inspections.
- Ensures all manufacturers’ technical service documentation and maintenance procedures are in order to ensure continued airworthiness of assigned aircraft.
- Examines aircraft Maintenance Logs prior to accomplishing (RII) inspections to determine the appropriate inspection required.
- Executes proper forms when components or parts are replaced on aircraft and reviews Maintenance Flight Logs and inspection status forms to determine that maintenance and inspections have been properly cleared.
- Determines whether items listed on Maintenance Logs and appropriate forms have been signed prior to releasing aircraft for return to service.
- Establishes calibrated tooling used in the accomplishment of maintenance is in suitable condition and has been calibrated within the established time period.
- Maintains Airworthiness Directive records as required, ensuring that all are complied with per manufacturer instructions and documented appropriately.
- Manages and maintains quality assurance programs as well as scheduled and unscheduled inspection programs for all assigned aircraft.
- Ensures accurate and timely information is documented in maintenance systems and conveyed to appropriate maintenance staff with regard to operations, AOG situations, and mechanical delays.
- Must hold a valid A&P license.
- Inspection Authorization necessary.
- 5+ years of inspection experience required.
- 10+ years of aviation experience is preferred.
- Strong Communication Skills.
Ensures all aircraft and personnel are prepared to handle customer needs. The Lead Dispatcher coordinates and dispatches aircraft and flight crew, as well as handles catering requests, transportation arrangements, accommodations and any other needs that may arise.
- Coordinates and schedules all aircraft and crew members in the company.
- Prepares quotes for customers.
- Coordinates customer requests including catering, transportation, hotels, etc.
- Arranges ground handling and support.
- Negotiates fuel prices for company aircraft.
- Arranges landing permits and over-flight permits.
- Notifies U.S. Customs when required.
- Maintains and enhances relationships with existing customers.
- Develops relationships within the aviation industry that will help broaden our customer base.
- Communicates clearly and effectively with crew members, airline representatives, and co-workers as necessary.
- Answers phones, monitors GPS, and updates schedules.
- Develops, implements & maintains daily schedules; identifies any changes that will enhance aircraft efficiency & crew utilization.
- Coordinates according to availability, mechanical requirements, weather, customs requests & government/company regulations.
- Minimum 5-7 years dispatch experience.
- Must have excellent phone skills, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Must demonstrate strong analytical and decision making skills.
- Must be available for on-call responsibilities during the weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Must have International dispatching and trip planning experience.
- Must have strong Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
Director of Crew Scheduling
In addition to developing, assigning, and communicating a schedule for all flights, the director will provide leadership for the crew scheduling department. The Director of Crew Scheduling is directly responsible for employees in charge of managing flight crews during daily functions, as well as compliance with FAR and company policies.
- The Director of Crew Scheduling oversees the daily scheduling requirements of all crew members.
- Ensures adequate crew coverage of all positions.
- Manages hotels and travel.
- Responds accordingly to crew member unavailability.
- Manages Crew Trip Trades.
- Ensures crew members assigned to flights are both current and qualified and meet all Federal Aviation Regulation duty time limitations.
- Monitors flights during the day to ensure duty time limitations are not exceeded.
- Provides long range forecasts of all crew member needs.
- Provides long range forecasts for the staffing of all crew member positions.
- Takes an active role in promoting positive attitudes toward culture, core values, compliance, and safety within the operations.
- Accomplish additional duties as assigned by the Vice President of Operations.
- Bachelor’s in business, management, or related field.
- 5+ years of management experience in an airline operations environment.
- Demonstrable increasing leadership responsibility in an airline operation environment.
- Have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of FAA duty and Flight Limitations and scheduling, crew legality tracking and flight flowing processes.
- Strong Computer Skills.
Director of Training
The Director of Training must be highly motivated to lead all aspects of pilot and flight attendant training. They will be expected to develop and implement training curriculums as required by regulations for flight operations.
- Responsible for training documentation and coordinating training requirements for Pilots and Flight Attendants.
- Rely on guidance in the FAA approved training programs for Pilots and Flight Attendants in the scheduling and assignments of personnel to training.
- Responsible for maintaining Pilot and Flight Attendant training records in the electronic record keeping system.
- Responsible for providing oversight to the Manager of Crew Records when entering, maintaining, and auditing Pilot and Flight Attendant Qualifications Records in the Online Database.
- Ensures all training complies with the FAA-approved training program.
- Assist in conduct of actual training.
- Participates as a ground instructor on Company specific curriculum segments as required.
- Assists the VP of Operations with oversight of the Crew and Cabin Crew Training department and Training Programs.
- Has application oversight of the Crew.
- Responsible for maintaining training records.
- Responsible for development of training courses, updating current courses due to subject matter or manual changes.
- Be able to conduct live classroom training.
- Reports to the VP of Operations.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of training requirements for Pilots and Flight Attendants.
- 5+ years of experience in the aviation industry.
- Proficient in record keeping procedures as well as PowerPoint presentations, Learning Management or Computer/Web-Based Training programs
- Prior experience as an instructor is preferred.
- Must be able to travel, work independently, and be self-motivated.